Senior Backend Engineer (Django/Python)
- Contribute to the core engineering design of our application, including backend, middle-layer, and interface with the frontend components.
- Work with CTO to make right architectural design choices and be able to articulate the reasoning and impact of decisions.
- Build integration with our external API partners.
- Collaboratively design, build, and maintain Python microservices in our AWS platform.
- Build testing, monitoring, and automation tools to improve development productivity and application stability.
- Do peer code-reviews, prioritize performance and consistency while following best practices.
- Develop new and improve existing engineering processes & tools.
- Own, lead and manage projects from idea to implementation.
- 5+ years of experience with Django, python and modern architecture (micro-services)
- 3+ years of experience with AWS infrastructure, including EC2, ECS, Lambda, API GW, SQS, RDS.
- Working experience designing and implementing APIs.
- Working experience with containerized (Docker, ECS) or serverless (Lambda) deployment.
- Working experience with designing large scale systems that move, manage and analyze large amounts of data.
- Working experience with Agile and CI/CD tools, including GitHub, Travis, Sentry, JIRA.
- Proven ability to deliver working solutions on time
- Strong analytical thinking to tackle challenging engineering problems.
- Great energy and enthusiasm with a positive, collaborative working style, clear communication and writing skills.
We are building a team of performant Engineers who can help and guide us in building the end to end product. Ideal candidate will be working on our core banking solution, reporting dashboard, payments integration with our partner APIs and implementing intuitive user interface. The candidates will get to solve scalable and harder problems and be able to challenge their engineering acumen.
We are a banking platform for businesses. We are rethinking commercial banking from ground up to make budgeting and cash flow management super easy for businesses. We are backed by Village Global and our current team consists of people from Credit Karma, CapitalOne, Tile and Polymorph.